Whether crop circles are manmade or a creation of the visitors from outer space is something that has been debated over multiple times by innumerous people. While some of the crop circles could still be managed by man in the pitch darkness of night, there are some, by the virtue of vastness and complexity of which it certainly cannot be thought of being made by anything but extraterrestrials. A couple of such crop circles are the Chilbolton crop circles which were formed in 2001 and 2002 respectively.
The 2001 Chilbolton crop circle
The site of the Chilbolton crop circles is the fields adjacent to the Chilbolton radio telescope located in Hampshire, United Kingdom. The 2001 Chilbolton crop circle which was reported on 21st August 2001 had two rectangular blocks at a gap of 200 meters on the same field that consisted of huge number of small pixels. One of these two rectangular blocks represented a human face and the other one looked like the radio transmission signal that was sent out in space in 1974 by SETI or Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
While many people tried to draw lines of comparison of the face that was formed with many things, but it looked more like the much talked about “Face on Mars” which was photographed by Viking 1 on its maiden voyage to mars in 1975. More interesting of the two was the other rectangular block which looked an almost exact replica of the Arecibo message which was transmitted by the Arecibo radio telescope in 1974.
Decoding the Arecibo message and its response
The message comprised of many sections, with each section referring to a particular aspect of human civilization. The various sections of the message that was sent out in 1974 referred to the following:
- Decimal numbers, from 1 to 10
- Atomic numbers for major elements like Hydrogen, Oxygen, carbon, phosphorous and nitrogen
- Formula for bases in nucleotides of DNA and formula of sugar
- Double helical structure of human DNA and the number of nucleotide in DNA
- Depiction of a human and the height of human, which was sent as 176.4cm
- Population on earth
- The solar system, with a special highlight to the third planet
- The Arecibo telescope and its diameter
The decoding of the crop circle gave the following findings:
- Decimal numbers in the same pattern
- Atomic numbers had an inclusion of Silicon
- No change in the formulas
- Additional strand of DNA and the number of nucleotides in DNA was also changed
- The human figure was grey with the height of 100.8 cm
- Population figures had changed
- Solar system information was changed, with special highlight on third, fourth and fifth planet
- The diameter of the transmitter had changed
The 2002 Chilbolton crop circle
The 2002 Chilbolton crop circle comprised of a stereotypical alien face and a disc with binary coding on it. Similar to the 2001 crop circle, this one too is made of ‘pixels’. The binary message was decoded to be found as a message from the creators of the crop circle. The decoded message read “Beware of the bearers o FALSE gifts and their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still Time. There is GOOD out there. We Oppose DECEPTION conduit CLOSING (BELL SOUND).